On behalf of the Foundation for the Children of the Californias (FCC) and the Hospital Infantil de las Californias, we cordially invite you to participate in the "Salsa Ride at the Border”. All proceeds go to the hospital, with it's dedicated doctors, nurses and staff that provide services to children whether their parents can afford to pay or not.
The Salsa Ride is a fun and challenging metric century that begins and ends in south San Diego county at the “Outlets at the Border” in San Ysidro, and offers a scenic passage through Otay Lakes and the Eastlake area, with a chip-timed section up Honey Springs Road.
Juan Carlos Viñolo, the cyclist paralyzed at the Fiesta Island crash in 2014, will be wearing bib #1 and leading out the ride on his hand-cycle! And once again, Raul Alcala, bib #2, first Mexican Tour de France rider and winner of two stages, will be our celebrity rider. There is a meal afterwards, a beer garden, a band playing, and raffle prizes.
- Sunday, June 12, 7:00 a.m.
- Event Location: Outlets at the Border 4463 Camino de la Plaza, San Ysidro, CA 92173
- Registration link: http://www.active.com/san-ysidro-ca/cycling/races/salsa-ride-at-the-border-2016
- Use code SDBC for a discount
- $40 for the Half century, $60 for the full century until May 5th. $45/$65 after May 5th.