Benefits of Membership
Members of the San Diego Bicycling Club enjoy many benefits, including:
- Free weekend club and training rides
- Discounts and Club Nights from our sponsors, including UC Cyclery, the official bike shop of SDBC.
- Membership to the SDBC Pactimo Team Order Site, where club kit and other clothing can be purchased
- Discounts on nutrition products, glasses and other sponsor items
- Special Event rides like:
- New Year's Day Metric Century
- Gordy Shields and Cecy Krone Memorial Day rides
- Red, White and BREW Ride and BBQ
- End of Summer Fiesta Island Ride and BBQ
- Light up a Life Toy Ride
- Annual Borrego Springs ride and camping trip with SAG'ed trip and BBQ
- Membership in the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition.
SDBC Membership satisfies the USA Cycling (USAC) club affiliation requirements, allowing you to race in qualified Southern California Nevada Cycling Association (SCNCA) and USAC. All members receive the full benefit of club activities and equipment discounts. Included in membership dues is a weekly electronic news update containing invaluable information on training sessions, club races and events, regional races and up-to-the minute racing information.
Training is an important aspect of any good racing club. SDBC has USCF racing coachs to work with the racing teams and to develop and introduce new riders to racing. The Saturday training rides are held year around. These group-training rides are designed to prepare members for all types of riding and racing. In addition to organized training, members may seek out others with similar schedules to complement their training programs.
Discounts on Equipment
SDBC is able to provide its members with incredible discounts on bicycle equipment. The club has several major sponsors, including bike shops, who provide their products and services at substantial discounts to members.
SDBC members are encouraged to join the USCF and represent the club in races. The club hosts several major USCF races each year. In addition, the club holds a series of club races, which allow all members to compete against each other. SDBC also organizes teams in most USAC categories. SDBC Racing Team members who have met minimum participation and volunteer requirements receive benefits including equipment, clothing and other items which reduce their cost of racing. Teams are formed whenever there are committed racers in a particular category for both men and women.
Membership fees are as low as $45/year for individuals and just $10 for each additional family member (with the same address). Juniors get special discounted membership fee for $10/yr only. Click here to renew your membership or become a member!
SDBC Club Jersey Timeline